Saturday 5 February 2011

Victoria 1

A 10hr overnight bus journey led to the forests, fields and connurbation of Victoria, in the south of Chile.

My birthday began with an alarm call of a bus full of teens singing 'happy birthday' in Spanish and in English! It was the perfect gift. Gracias Fejumech.

42 young people were commissioned for the trip by the local pastor, and were anointed with oil. (As the photo shows) We sang together - and yes, I was invited to speak!

It was a wonderful start to the trip. We talked about the importance of first encounters, first experiences of meeting Jesus.

At this point, I have been asked to write that I am writing this with the help of "my new best friend Xavier." So, from all the new amigos helping with this post, haste luego (see you later).
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment