Sunday 20 February 2011

UNO evangelism.

This could be a long story. Today, a TUR member and I met a guy.

Probably late 40s. Quite suspect and significant blade injuries (some impossible to have been self inflicted.) Dressed head to foot in black. Black trainers, shorts, vest-hoody, and cap.

He was incredibly lonely, but my colleague developed such rapport as to be invited into his house.

Now, I know that one of my god-lessons is about judgements - but I really expected some sort of junkie squat in an abandoned building somewhere.

I was not far wrong.

We invited him to have lunch with us back at the church (I love Chilean hospitality which not only had enough, but offered him seconds once his first plate was finished. The lunch invitation an inspired idea by my colleague.

So the question then became, how to move from a meal to a conversation about Jesus again.

We played UNO.

The Chileans are amazed that a. I know the game, and that b. It is called UNO outside of Spanish speaking countries.

The guy had said that he did not have anyone beyond his dog and cat. UNO was a great equaliser.

So, I hereby defend UNO as an evangelistic tool.


.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment