Thursday 17 February 2011

Missio Dei

I am about to lead a session on evangelism in the UK.

I am going to say a number of things, which I may or may not write up here. I'll see how it goes. I will be using this picture as an illustration though. It has been painted by a member of the congregation, and hangs above the worship band.

I have no idea if it is clear on this photo, but there is part of the painting that really bothers me. There is a person observing proceeding BEHIND Jesus. As Jesus heals the man, another sits ans watches. Jesus seemingly ignores this second person.

It made me wonder - is this how we understand missio dei? That God is working in some and not in others? What else might be going on in this painting?


.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment