Monday 8 October 2012

Papua New Guinea

I am at the General Assembly of the United Church of Papua New Guinea. This is a 44-year-old united church twice as big as our Methodist Church with a governing body that is half the size of ours, meets every two years with a participative committee-based style. The Bible studies each morning are led by Rev Garo Kilagi who has just returned from a circuit in Lancashire on the World Church in Britain programme. His reflections on life in Britain are proving fascinating to assembly members. My blogging will be erratic, I have no phone coverage and only very restricted internet. (The town has also had no water for the last five days and it took members so long to get here the assembly started two days late. I am looking forward to a shower when I get to Fiji on Thursday!) Steve in Alotau on Tuesday 9th.

No comments:

Post a Comment