Saturday 20 October 2012

Japanese visit Day 1

Arrived safe and sound in Japan, where amongst other things I am representing the Methodist Church in Britain at the 38th General Assembly of the United Church of Christ in Japan which begins next week in Tokyo. I am spending my first few days in Okayama City with my son and his family. Okayama is a city of 750,000 people situated about halfway between Osaka and Hiroshima close to the Seto Inland Sea. It's famous for it's locally grown grapes and peaches, which I have been told are delicious, as well as the famous Japanese garden called Korakuen, one of the top three gardens in Japan. I have two Grandson's living in Japan, one of whom I saw when he was 6 months old and visiting the UK with his parents. My second Grandson I saw in the flesh for the first time yesterday. Grandad with his Grandchildren is shown in these few photographs. More later, as my stay in Okayama continues, prior to leaving for Tokyo... Alan Ashton 20th October 2012 (Lost in Translation)

No comments:

Post a Comment