Monday 18 February 2013

Sunday 17th of February, Hello Cuba. Wow HOLY SPIRIT!!

What an amazing day, after waking up early 05:00 I finished my preparation of the message I had prepared for weeks, by 08:00 I was ready at last to preach at the Central Methodist Church in Cuba. After about an hour of chorus singing and praying I started to preach... Never have I felt so ready to on the "Temptations of Jesus" as I did I felt at ease with the 700+ congregation that enthusiastically received my word. With Amens & "gloria a dios" and applause as you soon begin to feel, I spoke with ease about the way that the Methdoist Church in Cuba appears to me like a New Testament Church and how it also appears like description of early Methodist Worship I have read about. How the temptation might come to abandon being what God has called the Methodist Church in Cuba to be as Jesus was tempted to abadon his call and mission. This is a church that addresses its context and is sincere and powerful. After an appeal for committment 7 people responded - and were prayed for before being ushered for councelling. 7 people responding possitively to an invitation to commit their lives to Jesus Christ - when did I last experience that? following my preaching? - resolve. Return to the practice of inviting people to respond to the proclaimed word while they are able.

No comments:

Post a Comment