Monday 5 December 2011

Guard Parrot

Meet "Once" (It means 11 and its the name of the local football team - he has no name, except the one I have just given him, but his character I feel deserves world wide recognition). Though 11’s flight feathers have been trimmed so that he is not able to fly away and though he is the size of a blackbird, 11 is a "guard parrot". Though 11 is not able to fly he and his partner 12 ( I was not able to get such a good shot of her - she would not let me - naming on the same basis but +) move pretty swiftly between the branches of the bushes in the compound of families we visited to bring relief to over the weekend. As soon as we entered the compound of family homes, 11 & 12 started making such a racket that no one in the neighbourhood could help but notice our presence - "aaahhh so cute" was the initial reaction to 11 as I tried to get a good photo of him. His quick lunge at the camera - almost breaking the lens guards, showed me that though yes he was very cute, he had a sharp and quick and powerful beak that was ready to swing into action. In some places I have travelled to there have been geese, here there is 11 and 12, whose loyalty, faithfulness and commitment to their home, reflects the character of the Salvadorans that I have met so far.

_sam7592

No comments:

Post a Comment